We are an arts council -
a group of volunteers who love all kinds of art.
Our aims are to maximize the quality of life for Apollo
Bay & district residents, to promote activities of all
art forms, to assist local artists, to assist in bringing
artistic performances to Apollo Bay.
We are 23 years old, formed in 1985 and incorporated in
1994. Incorporation enabled eligibility for grant applications
&public liability insurance
Current committee: President- Judi Forrester, Secretary
- Jane Gross, Treasurer - Lyn Butt,
Plus - Lyndi Whalen
Members: Cate Cousland
, Brad West, Pat Shannon, Mandy Brown, F iona Nelson, Marg
Lawson , Joanne Forrest, Sandra Skene, Julene Cook......
What we do - assist with Art Show in January; at the Music
Festival - Kids under Canvas, local artists’ exhibition
in cafes & Poet’s Breakfast 2006; Church classical
afternoon in June; Warm Winter Words
- annual readings in August; Arts News in news-sheet; assist Community Choir; Tuesday Art Group.
And also - creative village project- poles & seats on
foreshore maintenance, print postcards, flyers of project,;
published Warm Winter Words book & now Otway Writers
book; present exhibitions & performances anything else
that people ask for….
We are funded by grants, fundraising raffles, sale of postcards/
Anyone can join & it’s free.
Get involved by coming to our meetings advertised in the
news-sheet or call Jane on 52376335 or Judi on 52376318
AGM in June/July always wanting your ideas, direction and
|Apollo Bay Arts
Bay Arts Inc. Home Page
* APOLLO BAY CREATIVE WRITING GROUP FORMED monthly meetings. Thurs 4 Dec 10 11.30am Rm1 Marrar Woorn. All lovers of words written welcome More info: Lyndi firstname.lastname@example.org
* NEW WEBSITE/ONLINE GALLERY OF LOCAL ARTIST
(Gayle Seach-Vierdag) www.apollobaygalleryonline.com.au
* CREATIVE DRAMA & MOVEMENT FOR KIDS age 3-6 & 7 -12yrs Wednesdays Ph Elle 52376616/0400145168
* CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR 2009 ART SHOW Apollo Bay & District Historical Society's 32 nd art show 2 10 Jan entry forms from the banks & Post Office by Fri 28 Nov
* CD - CATH CONNELLY & COLIN MACLEOD 2007 performance of tunes from the James Goulding manuscript available from Paradise Bookshop $12.
* OTWAY WRITERS books (Apollo Bay Arts community project) showcasing our local writers on sale at the Visitor Info Centre, Newsagency & Paradise Books.
* MUSIC @ MARTIANS CAFÉ Deans Marsh-Lorne Rd, Deans Marsh Fri 21 Nov - Rob Sawyer $10, Sun 23 Nov local guys RNB, Fri 28 Nov - Johnno Zilber $8 great food, wine, coffee, cake. Ph 52363350
* THE GREAT SCARECROW FAIR 22 Nov 8.30am-4.30pm Uniting Church Hesse St Queenscliff
* OPEN STUDIO Geelong potters group artwork on display & for sale in the studio & garden of Kirsty Manger . 22-23 Nov 10am-5pm 41 sunset strip Jan Juc
* METROPOLIS GALLERY Philip Adams & Otto Boron to 22 Nov 64 Ryrie Street Geelong . Ph: 5221 6505 Open Weekdays 10-5.30, Sat 10-4 www.metropolisgallery.com.au
* DAVE STEEL, TIFFANNY ECKHARDT & SANDY BRADY
Winchelsea Shire Hall Tea rooms Sat 29 Nov Dinner & show $29 - 7pm/8pm Bookings/info 52672769
* GEELONG GALLERY: Susan Sutton Through seasons: Geelong & the Surf Coast To 30 Nov Mon Fri 10am-5pm Little Malop Street Free entry
* DEANS MARSH MARKET 30 Nov Martians Café, Lorne Rd. Stall bookings/info
Ph Tahli 52363380
* NATIONAL WOOL MUSEUM Hatching the past dinosaur eggs & babies to 30 Nov; The Wool Quilt Prize to 1 Feb
* GEELONG NIGHT ARTS MARKET 5 Dec 5 -10pm Lt Malop St between Gheringhap & Fenwick Sts
* HIGH TIDE FESTIVAL 5 - 7 December TORQUAY Town & Foreshore www.hightidefestival.com.au
* GIRLS WILL BE BOYS EXHIBITION CAFÉ GO recent works by Lianne Gough To 24 Dec Café Go Bellerine St Geelong Free www.liannegough.com
* AALTO GALLERY 123 Ryrie St Geelong invites exhibitors in all artforms aaltogallery.blogspot.com
* JAGEURS LITERATURE COMPETITION Melbourne Celtic Cub Free entry, max 5000 words, prize $500. More info/entry form at www . c el ti c club.c o m.au /li t er ary
* VICTORIAN MUSIC LIBRARY not for profit resource centre, 60,000 items of sheet music for loan . Postal service & longer loans for regional members. Open Tues & Thurs 10am-4pm 64-66 Orrong Rd, Elsternwick Ph: 95283135 M/ship fees on www.vicnet.net.au/~vml/
* BELL STREET, TORQUAY ARTSPACES Nadz Arts, Bell Street Gallery Artscapes/Atmosmedia, Watermarks Photo Gallery, tigerfish
* JAZZ - TUESDAYS @ Lamby's Tavern, Geelong . From 8pm , Free entry Contact: 5223 2392
* JAZZ @ BARWON EDGE BOATHOUSE - The Rhythm Method perform jazz standards & modern jazz. First Thursday of every month from 7pm. 40 Windsor Rd , Newtown Free with meal purchase. Ph: 5221 2200
* JB SEED GRANT PROGRAM open-minded "artist-friendly" grant program. www.thejbseed.comb
Apollo Bay Arts keeping you informed!
Bay Arts Inc. Home Page